Ed Dwyer’s Otherside Invitational – May 6th, 7th and 8th
Ed Dwyer’s 2016 Otherside Invitational at Sunrise Marina in Port Canaveral Florida. Ed Dwyer is hoping to give away a 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander GT this year.
Come to Sunrise Marina to see another fun year of Eddie on the microphone and see some experienced Captains weigh in their catch from the Otherside! While you watch the weigh in you can win some great raffle prizes, drink a cold beverage and help donate to the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America!
All the slots are full this year. It will be an amazing event with some of the best Oside Teams on the East Coast.
Captains Party on May 6th, 2016 at Ocean Club
Fishing Day: May 7th, 2016
Weigh in @ Sunrise Marina: May 8th 2016, 11 am to 4 pm
For more info, contact Ed and Candy Dwyer at email@example.com
Ed Dwyer’s Tournament Summary:
Come out and see Central Florida’s top tuna fisherman weigh in with hopes of capturing the Top Boat title by accumulating the largest 3 tuna aggregate weight.
See the giant yellowfin tuna wheeled to the stage and to be a part of the energy and excitement.
Spectators will walk away with handfuls of giveaways during Capt. Ed’s celebrated brain teasers and thousands of dollars in raffle items donated by the generous sponsors of this event.
Rules to Compete in the Ed Dwyer’s Invitational:
- IGFA Rules apply with the exception that no more than one angler may touch the rod.
- Each boat must have a Single-side Band Radio or a VHF Buddy Boat plan prior to entering.
- A maximum of SIX rods per boat may be fished.
- To facilitate multiple hookups, rods may be left in the rod holders to aid in landing Tunas.
- The Tournament “lines-in” hours are Saturday, 6:00am and “lines-out” @ 9:00 p.m.
- This is a “Boat Tournament” each boat entered can weigh their eligible fish under their boat name: You may win only one place in the Tuna division or the “Slam Aggregate” weight division.
- All boats entered must return to Port Canaveral. Entry into any other Port Foreign or Domestic will result in immediate disqualification. Any boat experiencing mechanical or fuel breakdowns will be disqualified. The boat aiding the inoperable boat will be allowed to weigh-in.
- All Billfish will be released in order to qualify for awards. Two witnesses must sign an Affidavit at time of weigh in on Sunday, May 8th & all affidavits must be presented at weigh-in. Billfish releases must be reported to committee boats to be eligible. Time of release will determine highest order of finish.
- All mutilated fish will be disqualified (shark bites, props, harpoons, etc.)
- In the event of a tie, the first fish weighed in will be awarded the higher order of finish.
- The Tournament will be run as long as weather conditions or forecast are below 4′-6′ & small craft advisories and updates. In the event of a cancellation, the committee will decided the rescheduling of this event.
- All Participants will exercise good and courteous sportsmanship whether at the dock, underway, or fishing. Violators will be subject to disqualification without refund.
3 Yellowfin Tuna aggregate, 1st and 2nd Yellowfin Tuna
Biggest Wahoo, Smallest Wahoo, Biggest Skip Jack Tuna
Blue White Sail Spear
300 200 100 100
Billfish award will be for the most acquired points. 1st place, In the event of a tie in the release category, the first boat to submit release affidavits with camera will be awarded 1st place.